The 156R is an all-purpose, expedition-sized raft and the most popular of AIRE's bigger raft designs. It's not too small for the Grand Canyon and not too large for the occasional paddle raft party trip down your favorite big river. The 156R can handle a sizeable 3-bay frame, a pile of gear, and an extra passenger or two. With a 22" tube diameter all the way around the boat, the 156R has classic raft handling with extra stability in big water. The 156R is a comfortable, convenient raft for those who like to row from one big beach to the next.
- All colors available for Special Order. Some may have a lead time of 4-6 weeks to build.
- Thwarts sold separately.
- Comes with floor installed ($150 value)
- Favorite rivers: Big rivers with fun rapids from one camp to the next.
- Ideal for: Multi-day rowing expeditions or 8+ person paddle teams.
- Classic raft control and stability.
- Outfitter used and approved.
- Welded Seam Construction
- Urethane AIREcell Outer Shell
- Self-bailing, lace-in floor
- Carrying handles
- 37 oz. double lacquer gray PVC on the chafe strip and raft bottom for extra resistance to abrasion
- Floor already installed (laced-in)
- Up to 4 strap-in thwarts anywhere along the floor lacing for paddle teams. (Thwarts sold separately.)
- 10 year Limited Warranty
- Raft Build Diagram