SilverTip Epoxy is a medium-low viscosity, liquid epoxy resin system that has been optimized for coating and reinforcing fabric saturation in wood-composite boat, paddle and oar building. It will outperform any other product in marine applications. SilverTip Epoxy is designed for use with fiberglass, Kevlar®, Dynel® and graphite as well as on bare wood, making it ideal for paddle and oar repair. It has superior wet-out characteristics with little tendency to foam or trap air.
Both the resin and hardener are nearly colorless and are used in an easy 2:1 volumetric ratio. SilverTip Epoxy cures to a brilliant blush-free film with either the fast or slow hardener eliminating secondary bonding concerns as experienced with other epoxies. The working time is longer than most boat building epoxies without extending cure time. The cured film is tough and resilient with better heat resistance than other epoxies cured at room temperature. Fillers, wood flour, and bulking agents can be combined with SilverTip Epoxy.
**Corrosive - Ground Ship Only**
- Exceptionally fast wet-out of fiberglass and other reinforcing media.
- Superior defoaming properties with reduced tendency to float fabric.
- Resistance to print-through.
- Excellent hot weather performance.
- Cures without forming an amine blush.
- Cures quickly to a sandable state (no sanding required between coats when recoating within 72 hours).
- Sandable same day with fast hardener.
- Features a convenient 2:1 mixing ratio.
- Cures exceptionally clear for bright finished applications.
- Compatible with all 2-part and most 1-part marine primers.
- Includes: (1) 4oz bottle Part A Resin and (1) 2oz bottle Part B Fast Hardener